What does it take to be successful? Grit, luck, hard work—these are the cliché but necessary ingredients to the recipe of success. But there’s one underrated secret sauce—authority. Only a few authority marketing specialists, such as Neil Patel, SEOmoz’s Sarah Bird, and Ardor SEO’s Kris Reid, know its value. And you should, too.
What is Authority Marketing, anyway?
Authority Marketing is getting ahead of the line. It means using your knowledge wisely as an expert in your field to become the expert. Whether through writing a book, hosting an event, or speaking at a convention, you can achieve results and gain the trust of your clients faster with Authority Marketing.
While your competitors are paddling quickly, you are building a magnificent ship that’ll help you catch all the big and small fish. Now that’s authority marketing.
Why invest in Authority Marketing?
Should you? Any savvy business owner in this day and age should. Not only will you attract customers—you’ll also attract high-paying and loyal clients. Who doesn’t like the idea of trusting the expert?
When you are viewed as the expert, your message and conversions will drastically improve. Potential and existing clients will see you in a different, brighter light. As you consistently provide useful, helpful information, you’re also boosting your qualification as a service provider. All in all, it’s a great investment.
Being the better one
What if your rival also uses authority marketing and has the experience to back it up? Does that mean they’re the better expert? Not necessarily. If you wrote a book about your niche industry or hosted a few community events, people will see you as the go-to expert. Since you went to such lengths and spread out your reach, you can also charge higher. You don’t find customers—they find you!
Ways to boost Authority
- Referral marketing. The trustworthiness of the word-of-mouth can’t be taken for granted these days. Remember, clients do business with people they like and trust. What generates outcome better than customer referrals from friends of friends?
- Content marketing. As stated above, providing helpful information helps attract and retain clients. Make sure to provide content that your target audience will find beneficial. For instance, if you want to read useful bits about SEO and building links, you can look up Kris Reid and his site, Ardor SEO.
- Lead generation. It also goes the other way around. The more you build authority, the easier you can generate leads. Positioning is the key to do this efficiently.
- Speaking at events. This is one good way to generate leads. Go to relevant events or host one. Talk about the most current things that matter in your industry. Soon, you’ll attract the right set of high-paying clients.
- Branding. This doesn’t just involve your firm’s brand. You should also take care of your personal branding. Your name should make an impression your clients won’t easily forget.
Cut to the chase. Don’t meander and start becoming the expert you’re destined to be. If you can’t do it on your own, there’s no harm in connecting with the pros. You can get in touch with an Authority Marketing expert like Kris Reid of Ardor SEO and Ardor Media Factory. Using tested and proven digital marketing strategies, Kris Reid can help you build authority in your niche industry and trump competitors.